[GRASS-user] GUI equivalent of command

H.S.Rai hs at raiandrai.com
Sat May 31 01:20:31 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
>> It will be
>> difficult for beginners (who never worked on Linux/Unix and in Command
>> Line CUI mode) to GRASS to work with X-monitor (Monitor X0) and Map
>> Display 1.
>
> I don't understand this at all. You have the equivalent FUNCTIONS in the
> GUI,

As I came to know from above discussion, it is not available for all
such commands in category d.*
<snip>
> Instead of running d.rast from the command line to display in an x-monitor,
> you add a raster map to the GUI layer manager and press the display button.
>
> IMHO, this is considerably easier for beginners to do than to run commands.

Only for this reason, I want develop a tutorial using GUI only. That's
where I am facing problems, and I started this thread. Otherwise for
me, commands in terminal window rules. I am putting this effort to
attract beginners.

> Have you actually TRIED either the TclTk or wxPython GUId???

Yes. I only post on mailing list, after trying at my level best to
find the solution at my level.

I appreciate help rendered by you all nice GRASSians!

--
H.S.Rai
http://hs.raiandrai.com/