[GRASS-user] GRASS 6.4 and Ubuntu Intrepid

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 2 03:07:26 EST 2008

Liangxu Wang wrote:
>   Just download a new and latest svn version of grass 6.4, and compile
> as instructions in README.DEBIAN, get -lgdi error first, and resolved it
> by [1]:
>   sudo ln -s /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_gdi_.so /usr/local/lib/libgdi.so
> [1] http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/wxpython/README

(ie http://svn.osgeo.org/grass/grass/trunk/gui/wxpython/README)

Hi,

FYI we just updated the DebianGIS build rules for 6.4 a few days ago
(it again builds with the instructions found in debian/README.debian).

AFAIU the wx support there is still somewhat in development, please report
any clearly packaging errors to DebianGIS directly:
  http://wiki.debian.org/DebianGis
No idea if Ubuntu follows debian for wx2.8 dir paths.

Hamish