[GRASS-user] flip raster

Etsushi Kato ek.kato at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 02:59:16 EST 2008

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:15 PM, José María Michia
> <jose.maria.michia at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've imported a NetCDF file (ETOPO1 model). The resulted raster appears
>> flipped vertically.
>
> I have a similar problem with the EASE Grid SNOW data and filed it as
> ticket to GDAL:
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2584
> (see Attachment there for screenshot)
>
> If reproducable, please submit a test case incl data link to above ticket.
> The more interest, the more likely it gets fixed.

I also experienced the vertical flipped image by gdal's NetCDF driver
with CF-1.0 files.  And I've just added a patch to fix this on gdal
trac (http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/2654).

I've filed a new ticket rather than adding a comment in #2584 because
I can get the right image (EASE Grid SNOW data) with gdal_translate
NETCDF:"NL.2004.nsidc0321v01.nc":SCA /tmp/sca.tif using original
gdal-1.5.3.

Cheers,
--
Etsushi Kato