[GRASS-user] saving log for a script

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 10:46:59 EST 2008

Hi Milton,

If your script is in bash (using MSys Console), check out the tee
command and > (grater then sign). With those you can redirect output
to a file so
ls *.tif > lista_tif.txt
will create a file lista_tif.txt with the output from the command ls *.tif

If you want to append something to the file use 2 >, that is
ls *.tif >> lista_tif.txt
will put the ls command output to the end of the already created file

Cheers
Daniel