[GRASS-user] Multiple labels and r.series

John C. Tull john.tull at wildnevada.org
Tue Nov 11 14:03:21 EST 2008

Dear GRASS Users:

I am creating a raster map that essentially summarizes the
intersection of a series of labeled rasters that each have values of
either 1 or null (presence/absence data). I am using r.series like
this to perform the summation across the rasters that are all named
with a prefix of presence_:

r.series input="`g.mlist rast pattern='presence_*' sep=,`"
output=presence_sum method=sum --o

Can anyone think of a way to achieve this summation of intersections
in a way that will also allow for each cell to have a label that
concatenates all labels for the respective raster maps that are
present at that cell? E.g., let's say three of the rasters are present
at a particular cell, and the labels for those rasters are 'raster1',
'raster4', and 'raster7'. I would like the final map to have a label
of 'raster1, raster4, raster7'.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
John