[GRASS-user] v.mkgrid - segmentation fault

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 20:57:56 EST 2008

Hamish:
> > you'll have to run a backtrace to find out:
> >  http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Debugging#Using_GDB

Paolo:
>  gdb `which v.mkgrid`
> (gdb) run "map=vectgrid grid=12,12 position=0,0 box=1,1 --overwrite"
> ERROR: Required parameter <grid> not set:
>     (Number of rows and columns in grid).

> It seems strange to me; I set grid in command line.

sorry, there was a quoting error in the example on the wiki, now fixed.

try again with:

GRASS> gdb `which v.mkgrid`
(gdb) run map=vectgrid grid=12,12 position=0,0 box=1,1 --overwrite

so individual option are parsed. quoting the whole thing has the effect of   sending them all as a single parameter.

Hamish