[GRASS-user] Multiple labels and r.series

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 01:42:27 EST 2008

> > Ultimately, it may not even be possible to generate such a map, given
> > the 32-bit limit for category numbers. You could theoretically have up
> > to to 2^96 distinct categories, although in practice you would be
> > limited by the size of the map. But you could end up with each cell
> > having a distinct combination of labels.
>
> I will explore this option. I'm using 6.4 svn, so I can
> push the envelope a bit.

Hi,

idea: do you really need a static output map? would on-demand calls to
r.what suffice? It can take >96 input maps.

(but mind possible 4096 char bash shell command limit [<43 chars/map name
on average])

   echo "x|y|`g.mlist rast sep='|'`"
   echo "$x $y" | r.what in=`g.mlist rast`

create "$x $y" from r.out.xyz if you want a table covering every cell.

Hamish