[GRASS-user] Updating Raster Categories without using r.support?

brendon wolff-piggott mytekmail at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 12:20:52 EST 2008

Hi all

I still haven't finally sorted out my Ubuntu install.  Will report on
it when it comes right!

I am back on Windows, working via QGIS and the MSys Grass shell. I am
trying to set categories for a raster map (imported from a Geotiff of
a classified image).  I have copied it out of the Permanent mapset to
be able to make edits, and used r.support:

"r.support inkomati_utm36wgs_upd
Edit header for [inkomati_utm36wgs_upd]? (y/n) [n] n
Update the statistics (histogram, range) for [inkomati_utm36wgs_upd]?
(y/n) [n] n
Edit the category file for [inkomati_utm36wgs_upd]? (y/n) [n] y

Redirection is not supported."

Is there a way to set the categories by editing a file directly?

Thanks!
Brendon