[GRASS-user] Grass-GIS 6.4 on OSX

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 26 00:12:18 EST 2008

On Nov 25, 2008, at 10:59 PM, Richard Chirgwin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Two very quick questions regarding the Tiger version of Grass-GIS 6.4
> (from William K).
>
> 1) It is just me, or are the drop-down menus missing from the GIS
> manager GUI? (I can get by with command lines, but some of my users
> might jack up ...)

TclTk or wxPython GUI?

For the TclTk GUI I now use an Aqua TclTk (ActiveTcl).  The menus are
where you would find them in any other normal Mac application, not in
the window.

I've seen random ocurrences in wxpython GUI where the titlebar gets
covered by the menbar.  I think it may have something to do with a
mismatching runtime Python vs what GRASS was compiled for.

> 2) I'm trying to test a WFS; Grass asks for Xerxes-c support. How do I
> achieve this in the OSX environment?

?  Asks for?

My GDAL framework has Xerces support, for ILI and GML formats.

There is no xerces program that GRASS can run, so Xerces would have to
be used as a library and compiled into GRASS.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy