[GRASS-user] v.in.dxf crashes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 26 11:56:30 EST 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 9:14 AM, Kurt Springs wrote:

> On GRASS 6.3 I use X11 on Mac OS X 10.5.5 (aka Leopard).  I agree
> that the problem is with Active tcl 8.5.  Having used the two, I
> have found X11 to be much more stable.  How easy would it be to
> compile a 6.4 to use X11?

Not hard at all...

Note that not only is the type of TclTk different - Aqua vs X11, but
the version as well: 8.4 X11 for GRASS 6.3, 8.5 Aqua for GRASS 6.4.
Maybe there is an issue with TclTk 8.5?

It's not possible to build a working (for GRASS) TclTk 8.4 Aqua - some
Aqua issues were fixed in 8.5.

I guess the thing to try is TclTk 8.5 X11, to test if it's a version
problem.

Do you have a small DXF that crashes for you that I could test with?

Check for a crashlog in Console.app.  This could help.  Especially
since it would have some paths to verify which wish is running.

>> I don't think that the wish related part in GRASS 6.3 was different.
>> More likely, did you use a different Tcl version?

>> Searching in the net shows a couple of similar messages, apparently
>> related to Active tcl 8.5 (and not GRASS).
>>
>> Markus

ActiveTcl or Aqua TclTk?  (google didn't turn up anything for me)

sdef... that's scripting (Applescript) definitions for OSX (Wish.app
is scriptable, to run a Tcl script).  ... the AS dictionary for
wish.app opens in Script Editor... Wish.app runs fine alone...
hopefully a crashlog will help...

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Earth: "Mostly harmless"

- revised entry in the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy