[GRASS-user] v.in.dxf crashes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Nov 26 13:11:55 EST 2008

On Nov 26, 2008, at 11:42 AM, Michael Barton wrote:

> On Nov 26, 2008, at 10:00 AM, <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Message: 5
>> Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 10:56:30 -0600
>> From: William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com>
>> To: Kurt Springs <ferret_bard at mac.com>
>> Cc: GRASS user list <grassuser at grass.itc.it>
>>
>> On Nov 26, 2008, at 9:14 AM, Kurt Springs wrote:
>>
>>> On GRASS 6.3 I use X11 on Mac OS X 10.5.5 (aka Leopard).  I agree
>>> that the problem is with Active tcl 8.5.  Having used the two, I
>>> have found X11 to be much more stable.  How easy would it be to
>>> compile a 6.4 to use X11?
>>>
>> Not hard at all...
>
> Actually, except for NVIZ, you don't even have to compile anything.
> If you have TclTk for x11, you can just set GRASS_WISH to the wish
> file for that version of TclTk. You need to do this in your
> bash .profile file and not in the .grassrc6 file. Then all of GRASS
> will be in the x11 version except for NVIZ.
>
> Michael

Except that I bundle the X11 TclTk into GRASS, while the Aqua TclTk is
outside GRASS.  Chances are Kurt doesn't have an X11 TclTk hanging
around, except what would be in GRASS 6.3.app.  Since I built 6.4 for
TclTk Aqua, I didn't bundle TclTk X11 into it.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy