[GRASS-user] Best way to reconnect tables in grass' databse

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Nov 27 03:33:26 EST 2008

hi Nikos,

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 1:32 AM, Nikos Alexandris
<nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de> wrote:
> Your explanation(s) are, as usual, precise. The parameter's names are
> very clear. I got confused somehow from the fact the "v.db.connect -g"
> prints out several "variables" and the help-text of "v.db.reconnect.all"
> contains the word "variables" as well. So I stuck in "plural" :-?
>
> My mistake of course. But adding your words *the string which appears as
> the fourth field of "v.db.connect -g"* (or some other text) in
> v.db.reconnect.all's description/help can't harm anyone.
>
> Or maybe an example, in my case using sqlite as a DBMS, (for future
> grass-adventurer's ;-):
>
> v.db.reconnect.all
> old_database="/home/nik/grassdb/peloponnese/hgrs87/PERMANENT/sqlite.db"
> new_database="/geo/grassdb/peloponnese/hgrs87/PERMANENT/sqlite.db"

Can you please submit a diff against SVN with the document change?
Then it is 100 times easier to merge that in :) Since you are power user
I am sure that creating a diff is no big deal for you, see
 http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/HowToSVN#LocalDiffs

Thanks,
Markus