[GRASS-user] Gui error behind splash screen

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 13:45:42 EST 2008

Hi all,

I just installed grass6.3 from les-ejk repository on a very striped
down ubuntu machine and I can create the location and mapset with no
problem in the GUI. The problem is that, after I create the mapset and
grass tries to load the gis.m it gives me an error message which I can
not see because it's behind the splash screen.

Could it be a tcl/tk version problem? I believe I have both 8.4 and
8.5. On the other hand, the location chooser gui works fine...

Thanks
Daniel