[GRASS-user] v.generalize / reanimation of dead lines ?

Daniel Bundala bundala at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:42:30 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 3:55 PM, Markus Metz <markus_metz at gmx.de> wrote:
> As far as I understand the source code v.generalize discards all
> centroids and builds them anew at the end, area topology is not
> maintained during simplification.

Dear all,
That is correct. The intention was that the generalization may change
the shape of the lines and boundaries so that the original centroid
may no longer be inside the area and so the centroids need to be
recalculated. Also, the generalization may remove some lines/areas and
hence alter the topology of the map. So it also needs to be
recalculated.

Daniel