[GRASS-user] BIN raster import

Richard Chirgwin rchirgwin at ozemail.com.au
Wed Sep 3 03:52:06 EDT 2008

Hamish wrote:
>> here's the command:
>> r.in.bin 'input=/home/richard/Desktop/ausdem.bin' \
>>   output=RD_Bin bytes=2 rows=13760.5 cols=17361
>>

> you can't have half a row of data.
> rows must be an integer.
>

> Hamish

Ahh - so there's an error in the UI, which says:
Number of rows: (rows, float, optional)
Number of columns: (columns, float, optional)

It may be that rows and columns are floating point on the "inside", but
the UI should make it clear that integer values are required! I was
trying to fiddle the row/column combinations up and down to get the file
size right ...

Thanks for the effort, will run in the new version later on (some work
to do first), and see what happens.

RC