[GRASS-user] r.mapcalc concatenates values?

Gabriele N. gis.gn at libero.it
Tue Sep 9 10:05:51 EDT 2008

Hi everyone.

I have two questions

1)
I have some raster (with the same format and are converted from vector). The
cells have the value of CAT. So the value = CAT
With r.mapcalc I would define a map of output that I give, as the value for
each cell, indications of the different CAT. For example, if I have the
raster A that has value = 1 and raster B that has value = 2, I will have
raster C output value = 1,2
If I have 3 maps in input, value = 1,2,3 etc. ...
I made several attempts but I do not know if r.mapcalc concatenates the
values.

2)
if r.mapcalc is not possible, I tried to make the transition to vector. The
passages that I made are:
  - r.to.vect maps raster input (es rasterA and rasterB)
  - V.overlay and I get in dbf, in a column the value of rasterA and in
another column the value of rasterB. I've created a third column to
concatenate the 2 columns but it seems to me that the operator '| |' does
not work with dbf.
How do I concatenate the values in 2 columns?

Thank you very much
Gabriele