[GRASS-user] Linking error in photo.2image

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Sep 14 11:28:18 EDT 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the Spearfish Imagery demo dataset includes
> i.ortho.photo tutorial camera files for testing?
>  http://grass.osgeo.org/download/data6.php

Here some info for i.ortho.photo and photo gs13:

     Please provide the following information:
 Camera Name                                 gscam_____________
 Camera Identification                       gs-vqcy___________
 Calibrated Focal Length mm.                 152.41____________
 Point of Symmetry: X-coordinate mm.         0_________________
 Point of Symmetry: Y-coordinate mm.         0_________________
 Maximum number of fiducial or reseau marks  8_________________

( sorry for Latex, tis is borrowed from the second book edition):

In a perfect 23~cm \mply 23~cm (9'' \mply 9'') aerial photo, the
distance of the bright points is 113~mm from the point of symmetry.
The distances depend on the camera type and will be provided by the
camera manufacturer. According to the coordinate system, with its
point of origin being set to the image center, we define the following
values for the \grass{gs13.1} aerial photo (all values are in millimeters).
You may start with the upper left fiducial mark (no.~1), the other
marks are numbered clockwise, until we reach the middle fiducial mark
on the left side (no.~8, compare Fig~\ref{fig:fidmarks}). The
coordinates are entered accordingly:

%   102   a     103    1     2    3
%    +---------+        +---------+
%    |         |        |         |
%  c |   +     | d     8|         | 4
%    |         |        |         |
%    +---------+        +---------+
%   101   b     104    7     6    5

        Please provide the following information:
            Fid#     Fid Id          Xf              Yf

             1       1_____      -106.01___      106.01____
             3       3_____      106.01____      106.01____
             5       5_____      106.01____      -106.01___
             7       7_____      -106.01___      -106.01___