[GRASS-user] readline completion under bash

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 09:41:00 EDT 2008

Hamish wrote:
> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_AddOns#Readline_completion
> http://www.sorokine.info/grass-complete/
> http://grass.osgeo.org/download/addons.php
>
> compiled-in readline support is only used with r.mapcalc.
>
> I don't know if it will work with GRASS 6, maybe a keen user
> might like to update it. tab-completion for mapname and column names
> would be cool.

Alas, it seems grass-complete doesn't work:
GRASS 6.3.1svn (msunduzi_lo31):~/GIS/scripts/grass-complete > . bash/Init.sh
Unable to initialize bash completions: bash is too old or too new:
BASH_VERSION= 3.2.25(1)-release (needed = 2.05)

>> Ps A search of the ML archives for "readline completion" returned zero
>> hits.
>
> Which search engine? using Gmane's search I found 18 in .user and 19 in
> ..devel, using the website's google search some are found too.

http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?query=%22readline+completion%22&local=y&forum=1202&daterange=0&startdate=&enddate=

Now Nabble finds two posts (the above two) :-)

Thanks for the info, I needed to check my facts before announcing that
tapping out long map names in the GRASS console is a pain, especially
when you have to do it three times to combine the rgb bands.

Craig