[GRASS-user] Re: Problem grass-6.4.0 error setting region: child process exited abnormally

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 01:19:18 EDT 2008

Hi,
        I fixed it !! :-)  I had originally downloaded Tcl & Tk 8.5.4
and built it. However, when I launched grass-6.4.0, it kept using the
Mac OS 10.5.5 supplied versions of Tcl and Tk 8.4.

So, I explictly specified the environment variables to help grass use
the correct versions of the Tcl Tk library and it worked.

export GRASS_TCLSH=/usr/local/bin/tclsh8.5
export GRASS_WISH=/usr/local/bin/wish8.5

Best regards,

Elvis