[GRASS-stats] Re: [GRASS-user] Testing i.pca ~ prcomp(), m.eigensystem ~ princomp()

Patton, Eric Eric.Patton at NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
Thu Apr 2 08:56:27 EDT 2009

> than 1. The reasoning is fairly weak, but goes like this: if a PC has
> eigenvalue > 1, it explains more variance than any of the original
> variables, which all have variance 1.
>
> Maybe I should Cc: this to the wiki.
> --
> Edzer

Or even better include it in the docs if there is anything in your post
that does a better job explaining the module. I'm completely unfamiliar with
these modules, but could you suggest some portions of your explanation that
would be useful for inclusion in the documentation?

~ Eric.