[GRASS-user] Error in sqlite3_step()

Craig Leat craig.leat at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 04:03:23 EDT 2009

Moritz,

Thanks for the suggestions. I think I've got something:

Craig Leat wrote:
> I am receiving the following error when patching two point vector maps:
> v.patch -e in=SBC1,SBC2 out=SBC_0607
> Patching vector map <SBC1 at craig>...
> DBMI-SQLite driver error:
> Error in sqlite3_step():
> SQL logic error or missing database
>
> ERROR: Cannot insert new record: 'insert into SBC_0607 values ( 64510,
>       'Dwelling', 'The Msunduzi', 37)'

Notice that the second and third columns contain strings.

db.describe -c table=SBC1 driver=sqlite
database=/home/craig/GIS/grassdata/uMDM_ll/craig/sqlite.db
ncols: 4
nrows: 197842
Column 1: cat:INTEGER:20
Column 2: CLASS_NAME:CHARACTER:1
Column 3: LM:CHARACTER:1
Column 4: WARD:INTEGER:20

Second and third columns are type CHARACTER with length=1 ???

How did this happen, as SBC1 was generated by:
g.copy v=SBC_0506,SBC1

and then modified with a few runs of v.db.dropcol map=SBC1 layer=1 col=

Columns CLASS_NAME and LM are correctly specified in the original
vector (SBC_0506):
db.describe -c table=SBC_0506 driver=sqlite
database=/home/craig/GIS/grassdata/uMDM_ll/craig/sqlite.db
ncols: 21
nrows: 197842
Column 1: cat:INTEGER:20
Column 2: CLASS:DOUBLE PRECISION:20
Column 3: CLASS_NAME:CHARACTER:20
Column 4: SOURCE:CHARACTER:15
Column 5: PROV:CHARACTER:25
Column 6: MUNIC:CHARACTER:50
Column 7: ESKOM_FSA:CHARACTER:25
Column 8: TRIBAL_AUT:CHARACTER:50
Column 9: PROCLAIMED:CHARACTER:5
Column 10: INT_ERVEN:CHARACTER:5
Column 11: INT_FARM:CHARACTER:5
Column 12: INT_FARMPN:CHARACTER:5
Column 13: INT_AGRHLD:CHARACTER:5
Column 14: INT_PARK:CHARACTER:5
Column 15: INT_TA:CHARACTER:5
Column 16: SUB_HV_DES:CHARACTER:25
Column 17: SUB_MV_DES:CHARACTER:25
Column 18: TRNSFMR_NM:CHARACTER:25
Column 19: SOURCE_IMG:CHARACTER:20
Column 20: LM:CHARACTER:20
Column 21: WARD:INTEGER:20

It seems to me that either g.copy or v.db.dropcol has messed up
columns 3 and 20 (in the original vector). Can I change the length of
columns 2 and 3 in SBC1 and SBC2 or maybe I can copy the columns to
new columns with the correct length?

Thanks

Craig