[GRASS-user] link image or application in DB sqlite

Gabriele N. gis.gn at libero.it
Mon Apr 6 13:49:28 EDT 2009

Hi to everyone.
I have a vector of points and I want to connect each point to a photo and a link (to open a photo or a web page with the browser firefox).

I have the attributes in SQLite. With sqlite manager I added a column 'image' of type blob. I uploaded an image but does not work. When I use the identifier ..:
 GRASS 6.5.svn (32633):/home/gab/GRASSDATA > WARNING: SQLite driver: unable to parse decltype: BLOB
WARNING: SQLite driver: unable to parse decltype: BLOB
WARNING: SQLite driver: column 'image', SQLite type 4 is not supported
WARNING: SQLite driver: unable to parse decltype: BLOB

Alternatively, I tried to do a field by putting the path of the images but I do not know if the identifier can open the image.

I should get it to work with QGIS.

In addition, it also works on windows XP?    Otherwise I can use a virtual machine.
Help / suggestions?

Thanks

Gabriele

PS