[GRASS-user] working on a mounted external disk

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Wed Apr 8 04:31:27 EDT 2009

Hello,

has anybody ever had problems accessing a gisdbase located on an
external disk ? In my case, I can open a grass session in a distant
location/mapset :

        grass65 /mnt/path_to_my_disk/my_location/topo

>From within this place, everything works well, OK.

If I start grass from my home directory and try to reproject data from
the distant directory :

        grass65 /home/vincent/my_gisdbase/my_location/my_mapset

        r.proj input=dem50 location=/mnt/path_to_my_disk/my_location
        mapset=topo output=dem50

Then an error occurs :

        ERREUR :Mapset <topo> in input location
        </mnt/path_to_my_disk/my_location/> - not found

whereas the disk is properly mounted there and accessible...

Any idea on why grass seems not to see the mounted directory ?

Thank you
Vincent