[GRASS-user] Re: v.lidar.growing dbmi: Protocol error

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 22 18:42:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:08 AM, Jack Lonsdale <lonsdale at unbc.ca> wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 23:26 +0200, Markus Neteler wrote:
>> The precise error message is as above 'dbmi:Protocol error, It was impossible to open this table'
>
> Perfect, so I could find it: it fails on opening the
> table associated to the input vector map. I.e., the output of
> v.lidar.edgedetection.

Correction (what luck that is it open source and I can see what
   happens in the code authored by someone else!):

v.lidar.edgedetection creates a table "%s_edge_Interpolation", so
in your case

alrf_subs_edge_edge_Interpolation

> You could run v.lidar.edgedetection without troubles?

please instead:
db.describe -c alrf_subs_edge_edge_Interpolation

v.lidar.growing expects here the columns Interp,ID according to the source
code. Otherwise fails as you have seen.

Markus