[GRASS-user] Importing, Defining, and Georeferencing

Juan Carlos Torres Cantero jctorres at ugr.es
Mon Apr 27 12:02:06 EDT 2009

Joe

You can import it both ways. Using a predefined location or asking
r.in.gdal to create a new one.

Anyway, you'll get three RASTER maps corresponding to the three colors
chanels (tiff files are raster). If you want a color copy of the input
map youl'll
need to use r.composite to mix them. And if you need a vector map you'll
need to extract features from the raster map thin them and convert to
vector
using r.to.vect.

Juan Carlos Torres