[GRASS-user] Re: correcting a series of images for wrong bounding box (extend)

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Wed Apr 29 17:59:03 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Tim Michelsen
<timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de> wrote:
>> My current idea is to play with the bounding box (extend) definitions when
>> defining the projection of the location and then import-/reimport.
>
> IS there a option in GRASS to shift a raster by a vector (x, y)?

Sure: use r.region with relative coordinates:

# North Carolina data set example

g.region rast=facility
g.copy rast=facility,myfacility
r.region map=myfacility n=n+100 e=e+100 w=w+100 s=s+100
d.mon x0
d.rast facility
d.rast -o myfacility

... and you see that the myfacility map is shifted by 100m.

> I found such a tool in the ArcMap Toolbox.

also in GRASS :)

Markus