[GRASS-user] Re: r.recode does not recognise fourth routine

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 30 16:57:19 EDT 2009

[could you please keep this thread on the mailing list and not send
mails only to me privately]

On 30/04/09 12:42, A. Márcia BARBOSA wrote:
>> Weird. This should work. Are you sure that this was the exact rule you used
>> and that this is the exact error message ?
>
> Yes, I just copied and pasted them, and it happened again a few times
> with my data.
>
>> Which version of GRASS are you using ?
>
> I'm using the GRASS plugin in QGIS 1.0.1 Kore (Windows XP).
>
>> If you can reproduce this with any of the demo data, this could help
>> debugging.
>
> I tried it with the South-Dakota data:
> r.recode input=elevation.dem at PERMANENT rules="C:/rcl.txt" output=elevation123
>
> My rules file said:
> *:1200:1
> 1200:1700:2
> 1700:*:3
>
> GRASS's reply:
> '1700:*:' is not a valid rule

I cannot confirm this neither in GRASS directly, not in QGIS on Debian
GNU/Linux.

Maybe be an issue with the windows version, although I don't really
understand how this would happen...

Please post a bug on the tracker (http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/) and
we'll see if someone with windows can reproduce.

Moritz