[GRASS-user] troubles with pgAdmin ver 1.8.2

Matteo Toro ciccpaol at libero.it
Wed Aug 12 14:53:25 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

i'm trying to use the DBMS pgAdminIII ver 1.8.2, but i cannot connect to any server...
i'm really wondering about what should be inserted in the New Server registration  form...(name, host , port...). I tried smthing but it answers me ident authentication failed, and the tip is to edit the pg_hba.conf file with an entry that looks like: "host all all 192.168.0.0/24 md5". Is this ip address the right one for any machine, or should i find mine???
I'm running it under linux 8.04, and i would like to know how can i add a new server.

Thanks a lot