[GRASS-user] v.to.rast: line differs from point

achim ak7 at jupiter.uni-freiburg.de
Sun Aug 23 09:57:26 EDT 2009

I have a problem with v.to.rast.

v.to.rast seems to be inconsistent as follows (see attached picture):

I splitted a line and built a network. So I have lines and corresponding
nodes.

In this case on coordinate 33.1583333333333|3.21666666666667.

Running v.to.rast for the points, the point is converted to the
raster-cell in the south-east.
Running v.to.rast for the lines (with cat as raster-value), the line in
the north-west of the point gets the cat of the line on the south-east.
(please see the picture, to get what I mean)

I ran it all in the same resolution. The splitting is independent from
raster resolution.

Is this a known inconsistence or a "bug"? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Achim