[GRASS-user] reproject from lat/long to utm

Janet Choate jsc.eco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 01:28:41 EST 2009

I tried using the full path (i.e. the PERMANENT mapset lives within the
/work/projects/Willamette location), but get the 'not found' error.
is there any other command i need to run prior to r.proj, or any additional
options to include, or how to list the path other than the way i am?

the original data i imported was a dem from usgs national elevation dataset
(ned) seamless data distribution system (sdds).  i had to export it from ned
as a geotiff to bring it into grass.  i tried exporting the data from ned as
an arcgrid and importing into grass with r.in.gdal, but was unable to bring
it into grass.

so if anyone can tell me the steps to bringing ned seamless data into grass,
then reprojecting to utm, i would be grateful.  or at this point, just how
to use r.proj to reproject to utm.
thanx, janet