[GRASS-user] NVIZ use in wxpython GRASS6.4

Franz Schiller franzschiller1975 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 10:45:52 EST 2009

Good evening everyone

Maybe this sound like a (another!) newbie  question but when I try to
visualize data in 3D, in wxpython Map Display, I get a window saying:
- Unable to switch to 3D display mode
- The NVIZ python extension was not found or loaded properly.
- Switching back to 2d display mode.
Details: No module named grass6_wxnviz

But at File/NVIZ (requires tcl/tk) a menu is opened requesting elevation,
raster colors, points and vectors and when I run the following is displayed
in output command window:

nviz elevation=elevation_shade at PERMANENT,elevation at PERMANENT

(Wed Dec 02 15:04:49 2009) Command terminated (0 sec)

But nothing happened...

Question: Since it says that it requires tcl/tk shouldn't it open a tcl/tk
window? Or am I wrong?

Thank you very much in advance
Best regards,

Franz Shciller