[GRASS-user] Supervised classification without i.class

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 06:43:26 EST 2009

Hi Luis,

I have imported shape files in grass 6.4 using v.in.ogr. Not a big hassle.

One way to acquire training areas for the supervised classification is
to digitize them using either the tcl/tk digitizer or, what I find
easiest, the QGis digitizer. QGis is free and can create shape files.
I'm not sure (never tested it) but I believe you can even use QGis to
create Grass vector files.

Once the vectors are done, just convert them to raster, use i.gensig
to extract the signatures and then use i.maxlik to classify the image.

cheers
Daniel