[GRASS-user] Re: CYGWIN

Luigi Ponti lponti at infinito.it
Thu Dec 3 13:51:14 EST 2009

Dear Glynn and Markus,

I found no follow-up to this message of last November 17 so I am
replying to this one.

On windows 7 and using a fresh Cygwin/GRASS install as per instructions at
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/binary/mswindows/cygwin/

I start Cygwin shell -> startxwin.sh -> grass64 -tcltk

The startup GUI pops up, I select a mapset, and press "enter GRASS" as
usual.

I get a very similar error to that reported by Markus below, i.e.:

    5 [main] g.gisenv 4772 _cygtls::handle_exceptions: Exception:
     STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW
       358850 [main] g.gisenv 4772 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace
     to g.gisenv.exe.stackdump

(every time you get same message with different numbers)

Also, by calling GRASS in the following way:

    grass64 -tcltk 2> logGRASS.txt

The content of the log is

    /usr/local/grass-6.4.0RC5/etc/Init.sh: line 837: tput: command not found

Hope this help better diagnosis. My apologies if I missed follow-up to
this thread.

Kind regards,

Luigi