[GRASS-user] GIS and GPU

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Dec 6 20:50:36 EST 2009

Ideally, you could work to replace the old i.orthophoto with new tools
built in Python and wxPython to incorporate into the current GRASS
development. This would be greatly appreciated by many.

IMHO, and as someone who is not trained formally in programming,
Python is easy to learn and is quite powerful. The wxPython tool set
provides a wide array of event-driven interface building tools that
integrates tightly with the object-oriented Python language. There are
many good introductory and advanced books for Python, as well as a lot
of on-line help. AFAIK, there is only 1 book for wxPython, though a
decent amount of help on-line.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University