[GRASS-user] Seg fault with i.group in script

Ned Horning horning at amnh.org
Mon Dec 7 23:04:47 EST 2009

Hi - I have a script that uses i.group to group 6 bands but when it runs
I get a Segmentation fault. If I run the same i.group command (without
"$") in the terminal it works just fine. This is the i.group command I
am using in the script:

i.group group=allBands subgroup=allBandSub
input=$band1_corrected,$band2_corrected,$band3_corrected,
$band4_corrected,$band5_corrected,$band6_corrected

Is there anything obviously wrong? I am running this on Ubuntu using
GRASS 6.4.0 RC5

Would it make a difference if I converted the script to Python? I want
to start learning how to write Python scripts and perhaps this is the
time to learn.

All the best,

Ned