[GRASS-user] Error while starting GRASS6.4

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:36:26 EST 2009

Luis Lisboa wrote:
> Good Evening
>
> I have just installed GRASS 6.4 in a Linux and I got this error while
> trying to start GRASS with WXPYTHON.
>
> /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/wx/_core.py:14448:
> UserWarning: wxPython/wxWidgets release number mismatch
>   warnings.warn("wxPython/wxWidgets release number mismatch")
>
> Could anyone telm what this means? Is this a normal error?
Hmm, this is a warning, not an error. I got grass with wxGUI fully up
and running on a system giving me this warning (Fedora 12 64bit). OK, I
had to replace swig with a working version in order to get both wxnviz
and wxdigitizer working, but the wxPython/wxWidgets release number
mismatch warning itself had no effect on the functionality of the grass
wxgui. With the standard swig version, the wxdigitizer was not working,
but wxnviz and the wxgui worked.

Just keep going with the wxgui, it might work.

Markus M