[GRASS-user] V.overlay very slow

incanus andresfr at unizar.es
Wed Dec 16 10:31:51 EST 2009

that's an example with quad3 + quad4

############OUTPUT OF V.PATCH

Patching vector map <quad3 at andresfr@andresfr>...

42 primitives registered
922 vertices registered
Building areas...
26 areas built
24 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
Number of nodes: 40
Number of primitives: 42
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 26
Number of centroids: 16
Number of areas: 26
Number of isles: 24
Number of areas without centroid: 10
Intersections at borders will have to be snapped
Lines common between files will have to be edited
The header information also may have to be edited
v.patch complete. 2 vector maps patched
Patching vector map <quad4 at andresfr@andresfr>...
Building topology for vector map <test>...
Registering primitives...

#########OUTPUT OF V.OVERLAY

Copying vector objects from vector map <quad3 at andresfr>...
Copying vector objects from vector map <quad4 at andresfr>...
Collecting input attributes...
Collecting input attributes...
Building partial topology...
Building topology for vector map <test2>...
Registering primitives...
26 primitives registered
906 vertices registered
Number of nodes: 24
Number of primitives: 26
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 26
Number of centroids: 0
Number of areas: -
Number of isles: -
Breaking lines...
Removing duplicates...
Cleaning boundaries at nodes...
26 areas built
Attaching islands...
Number of primitives: 37
Number of lines: 0
Querying vector map <quad3 at andresfr>...
Number of nodes: 47
Building topology for vector map <test2>...
47 primitives registered
22 isles built
Attaching centroids...
Number of nodes: 43
Number of points: 0
Number of areas: 26
Number of isles: 22
v.overlay complete.

Number of areas without centroid: 10
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 31
Number of centroids: 16
Number of primitives: 47

Attaching islands...
26 areas built
925 vertices registered
Building areas...
Registering primitives...

Rebuilding topology...
Number of areas: 26
Number of isles: 22
Number of areas without centroid: 10

Number of primitives: 53
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 0
Number of boundaries: 37
Number of centroids: 16

Attaching centroids...
Building topology for vector map <test2>...
Attaching centroids...

Writing centroids...

Querying vector map <quad4 at andresfr>...

Number of boundaries: 37
Number of centroids: 0
Number of areas: 26
Number of isles: 22