[GRASS-user] Installation of Snapshot

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Dec 22 18:27:17 EST 2009

Luis Lisboa wrote:

> I have installed and compiled GRASS 6.4 source code. Then, I decided to
> update with a weekly snapshot (the latest!). My question is: is it suppose
> to have 2 different compiled/installed folders, one for RC and other to
> SVN?

Yes.

> Or was it suppose the SVN folder to be extracted/installed inthe
> original folder?

No.

Different major versions (i.e. each branch or tag) usually have
different source and installation directories, so that you can have
multiple versions installed.

You can rename the source directory as you see fit, and you can
control the installation directory when running "make install" with
the INST_DIR variable, e.g. "make install INST_DIR=/usr/local/grass".