[GRASS-user] Correctly Converting LL to LCC

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 28 13:01:44 EST 2009

Rich wrote:
>   I apologize in advance for
> cross-posting this message, but I need to
> quickly resolve this issue so I can proceed with the
> project. I posted this
> to the proj4j mail list Friday (yes, I know it was a
> holiday), but have seen
> no traffic on that list at all, and no responses to this
> request.

I don't think it made it.
  http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/proj/2009-December/date.html

ah,
for a java port of proj.4.
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/proj4j/2009-November/000000.html
http://trac.osgeo.org/proj4j/
https://trac.osgeo.org/proj4j/ticket/13

>   This is the command line I used:
>
> cs2cs +proj=latlong

just as a matter of style I always like to use +proj=longlat there, it
reminds me that the input order should be "x y" not "lat long".

> Those values are in easting, northing order (at least, that's
> the way I presume the GRASS-6.4 wxPython display presents them),

yup, easting,northing.

Hamish