[GRASS-user] libgdal1-1.5.0 with ECW support

Cassiel raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 05:03:58 EST 2009

Hi you all,

I am trying to build gdal libraries with ECW support (
http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW) because this compression format is not
enabled in the standard package (it's not under GPL).

Steps are very easy, download ECW SDK source from http://ermapper.com/,
configure && make && make install and then apt-source in order to get debian
sources of libgdal.

I then edit the debian/rules file in order to add ecw support and start
building with dpkg-builpackage -uc but the whole process stops with this
error:

dh_shlibdeps -L libgdal1-1.5.0 -l debian/libgdal1-1.5.0/usr/lib
dpkg-shlibdeps: failure: no dependency information found for
/usr/local/lib/libNCSUtil.so.0 (used by debian/libgdal1-1.5.0/usr/lib/
libgdal1.5.0.so.1.12.2).
dh_shlibdeps: command returned error code 512
make[1]: *** [binary-common] Error 1

libNCSUtil.so.0 is part of libecw

Any ideas on this?
Is there any flag I can pass to dpkg-builpackage in order to override
dependencies information check? I have tried with dpkg-buildpackage -d with
no success, same error

regards
raffaele