[GRASS-user] Importing ArcASCII raster and associated dbf table?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 5 03:54:13 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 1:28 AM, Devereux, Jarl M
<Jarl.Devereux at dpi.qld.gov.au> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm new to grass and I'm trying to import an ArcASCII raster file with
> an associated dbf table into a cygwin grass 6.2.
> I have been using r.in.gdal to import the raster without issue however
> handling the attribute data is still a mystery to me.
>
> Can I connect a raster to a dbf table or add the attributes as layers?

Personally, I have never seen an ArcASCII raster file with
an associated dbf table (which means nothing). Perhaps
this question is best asked on the GDAL mailing list since
GRASS' r.in.gdal relies on the GDAL library.

Perhaps other users here have better suggestions.

Markus