[GRASS-user] use commands window

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Feb 11 10:05:45 EST 2009

On 10/02/09 19:00, aude Valade wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am very new at GRASS (I am using version 6.3.0 on windows) and I
> cannot type anything in the command window. When I am in "mark" mode any
> try to type a letter produces an error sound.

Assuming that you used the native Windows installer, the command window
that opens when you launch GRASS is just an artefact of the way the
grass session functions in Windows and cannot be used for command line
entry.

See here:
http://grass.osgeo.org/grass63/binary/mswindows/native/#Launching%20GRASS

for details about the different options for launcing grass.

Moritz