[GRASS-user] data base element file

Keleni Raqisia keleni at sopac.org
Sun Feb 15 18:35:57 EST 2009

Im new to Grass.
Need to do an image segmentation and which requires me to
group and produce a signiture file of image to run the i.smap program.
I've created a DBase, Location and a mapset, permanent and also another mapset.
I need instructions on how to import this raster files (images) into the mapset ,
which would allow me to find the name file under each current mapset when running the i.group
program or the i.gensignset program.
I did a manual copy and paste of this file to the current mapset but this is not
recognised.