[GRASS-user] Export specific shapes from a vector file

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Mon Feb 16 16:05:06 EST 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 12:55 -0800, leonidas wrote:
> I need to export specific shapes from a grass vector file to another grass
> vector file.

v.extract in=VectorMap out=ExtractedFeatures ...
# you can use "list=" to extract specific categories (the "cat" column)
# or an SQL where clause, e.g. something like
"where='SomeColumn="SomeString"'

> Also, I need to convert specific polygons from a vector grass file to a
> raster grass file.

I assume by polygons you mean areas.

v.to.rast in=VectorMap out=RasterMap type=area ...
# "use=???" You need to decide which values you will assign to your
pixels.

> How can I do that?
> Thanks, Leonidas

Regards, Nikos