[GRASS-user] Problematic error with g.region

Jarek Jasiewicz jarekj at amu.edu.pl
Wed Feb 18 16:51:25 EST 2009

Hi

The message is long, but problem potentialy dengerous.

The error mentioned ealier:

Erro setting region (Problem with g.region?): child procces aborted abnormaly

I solved it partially (in proccess described below the wind file has
been corrupted) and can be solved by simply copying wind file from
PERMANENT mapset and run g.region. But something destroy the wind file
and that situation was reported not only by me.

Becouse problem seems dengerous (there is no access to data till wind
file is not reconstructed) So i decided do not repair my data if someone
think to look on this problem with detail.

Below is describing of the situation. If some addational informations or
tests are needed please let me know.

Jarek

First my configuration:
Ubuntu 8.04
Gdal 1.5.3 lastly compiled from source about 2 month ago
Proj 4.5 compiled from source
Grass6.4 svn laslty compiled from source about one month ago

In location with following projection
name: Transverse Mercator
proj: tmerc
datum: etrs89
a: 6378137
es: 0.006694380022900787
lat_0: 0
lon_0: 19
k: 0.999300
x_0: 500000
y_0: -5300000
no_defs: defined

I added mapset and proformed several simple analysis.
in last of them I recive message:

map [maxic2] nie można zapisać wiersza 4811 (in english probably: map[maxic2] row 4811 cannot be written or I cannot write row 4811)
The massage appeared in output window

The analysis was typical r.param.scale on map of about 12858, 11980 in region based on that map. Nothing special.

on finish map wasn't written with following message: (in terminal)
I cannot write element [maxic2] in mapset bramy

and next message:

Erro setting region (Problem with g.region?): child procces aborted abnormaly (in pop-up dialog box)

next can be messages and problems I recive can be easyly reproduced by removing all data from wind file