[GRASS-user] improve v.rast.stats speed?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 19 09:51:41 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Markus Metz
<markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com> wrote:
> G. Allegri wrote:
>>
>> the only limitation of the actual r.statistics is that it works only
>> with CELL and not float. Ok, I can multiply my values and convert to
>> CELL, but we could try to let r.statistics deal with floats too...
>>

> Shouldn't be too difficult. Who maintains r.statistics?

In GRASS 7 there are (copying "module->description"):
r.statistics: Calculates category or object oriented statistics
r.statistics2: Calculates category or object oriented statistics
r.statistics3: Compute category quantiles using two passes

>From a user's perspective this is confusing.

> How about a new module, some r.univar derivate that uses "zonal statistics"
> and a base map like r.statistics? That could then also be used by
> v.rast.stats.

Perhaps yes (maybe along a simplification of r.statistics*).

Markus