[GRASS-user] Long post - Remote Sensing - Classifications

mitch_TX reflexeos at yahoo.it
Thu Feb 19 11:50:43 EST 2009

Hi Hamish,

GRASS> cd $GISBASE/etc/gm/
GRASS> less gmmenu.tcl
/composite  [Enter]
up up up

it's in "Raster -> Manage map colors -> Create RGB"

there was a wish a while ago to build a menu tree for the commands, not
sure if it went anywhere. Maybe something could be built into
tools/module_synopsis.sh (add a line of text under each module descr with
italicized a->b->c menu location?)

[note to self: update the synopsis PDF for 6.4.0]

..thanks, Moritz told me where to find it...my bad!

perhaps the computational region is different than the map's?

config -> region -> change region -> set region to match this raster map

???

I did that but I'll try it again (I'm not completely sure that I checked the region
while I was trying to do it via GUI -- I'm sure I did it via command...in fact good output).

I would say "mitigated" not "corrected". The imagery modules generally
still don't like to look at maps in @othermapsets, and generally don't
like @currentmapset tacked on map names either. But hopefully it breaks
less now and exits with an understandable error message. The imagery libs
need some TLC.

Are you saying that it's not a matter of version? Would I have the same problem
with the 6.4?
I'm sure it doesn't work when I copy the images in the user mapset...would that work
working in PERMANENT?
I did try to include the images in the group using the graphic way but deleting (in the box) @mapset...no luck.

But still, how about the Supervised? Wouldn't that work and tell me that THERE IS a sub-group
since I used it (the one created via command) for the Usupervised? (I tried to create another group -- via command --
and run the i.class but when I have to define the subgroup...nothing!..it doesn't find it.

Cheers,
mitch.

________________________________
> How do I actually save a color composite image as a raster?
> I couldn't find r.composite :working:..too much work.

GRASS> cd $GISBASE/etc/gm/
GRASS> less gmmenu.tcl
/composite  [Enter]
up up up

it's in "Raster -> Manage map colors -> Create RGB"

there was a wish a while ago to build a menu tree for the commands, not
sure if it went anywhere. Maybe something could be built into
tools/module_synopsis.sh (add a line of text under each module descr with
italicized a->b->c menu location?)

[note to self: update the synopsis PDF for 6.4.0]

> The other question is something that has been getting me
> crazy for a couple of days: classifications.
> (GUI: Imagery → Classify Image → Clustering input for
> unsupervised classification)
> output
> Reading image ...
> Iteration 1: % Convergence: 80.00 (0s elapsed, 0s left)
> Iteration 2: % Convergence: 100.00 (0s elapsed, 0s left)
>
> (Pretty short output, innit?)

perhaps the computational region is different than the map's?

config -> region -> change region -> set region to match this raster map

???

Moritz:
> There were issues in 6.3 with the GUI appending @MAPSET to names
> whereas the i.* commands couldn't deal with such names. This was
> corrected since (but probably after 6.3 came out).

I would say "mitigated" not "corrected". The imagery modules generally
still don't like to look at maps in @othermapsets, and generally don't
like @currentmapset tacked on map names either. But hopefully it breaks
less now and exits with an understandable error message. The imagery libs
need some TLC.

Hamish

This email is a reply to your post @ http://n2.nabble.com/Long-post---Remote-Sensing---Classifications-tp2347807p2350763.html

      Passa a Yahoo! Mail.

La webmail che ti offre GRATIS spazio illimitato,
antispam e messenger integrato.
http://it.mail.yahoo.com/