[GRASS-user] problem with r.surf.idw

Alberto Pettazzi alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es
Mon Feb 23 06:32:37 EST 2009

Dear all,

I want to interpolate a raster map that contains real values. I KNOW the
values are real because I output the raster values with r.out.ascii
command and the file shows real values.
The problem is when I interpolate the raster with the r.surf.idw
function and output the interpolated raster value, the file only
contains integer (probably truncated) values.
the command I type is :
r.surf.idw input=original_raster output=intepolated_raster --o
Obviously, typing a d.what.rast on the intepolated raster, I only see
integer values (as in the ascii file generated).
So, why interpolating produces only integer values??
thank you in advance,
--

Alberto Pettazzi

MeteoGalicia - Departamento de Climatología y Observación

Consellería de Medio Ambiente e Desenvolvemento Sostible

Rúa de Roma, 6

15707 Santiago de Compostela. A Coruña

Teléfono: +34-881-999646

e-mail: alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es