[GRASS-user] Re: Grass module to use to create a bounding box

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 24 00:26:17 EST 2009

Intengu Technologies wrote:
> Yes analysis on the raster - how do I do that John as I have a region
> defined already, which is larger than the extent of the vector.

# set to raster map to obtain raster's resolution
g.region rast=raster_map

# set bounds to match vector map and expand bounds to current resolution.
g.region vect=vector_map -ap

I am not sure if -a works properly if you do not also use res=. So maybe
set res= by hand in the second step to match what r.info says, and make sure
it has aligned cleanly.

maybe this way:
g.region vect=vector_map
g.region align=raster_map