[GRASS-user] [GRASSLIST:1217] m.cogo in -r mode

Grégoire Pigeon gregoire.pigeon at meteo.fr
Wed Feb 25 04:09:27 EST 2009

Good morning from Toulouse,
I have to make some calculations by "bearing" sector and my idea is to
use m.cogo. I have vector points and I wanted to use m.cogo with -r
option to come back to bearing/distance and then make some averages on
the bearing. However, it seems that I'm not using it correctly since it
is not producing the expected result for a test case :
for example in an x,y coordinate system, when I run
echo 'N 00:00:00 W 10' | m.cogo
it returns 0.000000 10.000000 this is OK
However
echo '10 0' | m.cogo -r
returns N 90:0:0.000 E 3.162278 while I would have expected the distance
to be 10

Can someone help me to see my mistake ?
best regards,
Grégoire